Adbay is looking for a talented Web + Graphic Designer to create web sites, landing pages and other digital assets for our growing list of clients. The ideal candidate will have an eye for clean and artful web design and demonstrated experience creating small business sites on WordPress, SquareSpace, Shopify, Wix or another publishing platform. They should also have superior communication skills, unmatched organization skills and a strong work ethic.
The successful candidate will be able to translate customer information and assets into functional websites and digital display ads. You’ll work as a member of our art department, supported by a full team of fellow creatives. Your main job will be to consult with clients and translate their visions into professionally designed websites and banner ads. As a member of our art department, your first priority will be the visual and organizational aspects of the projects you create. This position reports to the art director.
Knowledge of production processes, with experience using in digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Animate and other industry design and production software; reasonable drawing skills; familiarity with typestyles, type design and type specification; stock photography; computer retouching and image manipulation; art direction of original photography; and good communication skills are desirable.
$35k-$50k depending on experience.
* Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion as required.
* Works with art director/copywriter teams to concept and complete assigned projects and campaigns.
* Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as the agency requires.
* Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives to assist other department members in locating necessary files and references.
* Maintains current computer software skills compatible with the needs of other creative team members.
* Proven work experience as a web designer
* Formal training and/or college degree in a related field
* Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
* Experience in creating site outlines, storyboards, user flows, process flows and/or site maps
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or at least one website publishing platform (WordPress, Wix, SquareSpace, Shopify, etc)
* Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
* Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
Adbay creates effective marketing strategies, top-notch creative assets and powerful digital products to help businesses grow. After more than 19 years in the industry, Adbay’s greatest strength remains its team of designers, photographers, writers, software engineers, strategists, videographers and managers. We are located in a converted warehouse in scenic Casper Wyoming, mere minutes from a mountain, a river and endless outdoor recreation. Our full-time staff enjoys benefits that include paid vacation, paid holidays, medical insurance, dental insurance, IRA matching, flexible scheduling and a creative work environment. Adbay is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and at least three examples of your past design work (links to websites are acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.