NOW HIRING: PROJECT MANAGER
If you consider yourself to be EXTREMELY resourceful, well-organized, efficient, creative and personable, Adbay has a job for you! We’re currently seeking a PROJECT MANAGER to act as a liaison between customers and agency staff. Your job? To ensure that projects get done on time and on budget, even when faced with unexpected hurdles. Our perfect candidate would possess the ingenuity of Macgyver combined with the communication abilities of a motivational speaker. And we’re just crazy enough to believe this person exists…heck..they might even be YOU.
On a day-to-day basis, ADBAY’S PROJECT MANAGER is responsible for the internal scheduling of work throughout the agency. The project manager opens all jobs entering the agency and utilizes software to assign a step-by-step schedule of completion to each of those jobs as it is entered. The project manager coordinates movement of all jobs through all agency departments. The project manager requires superior project management skills. S/he must be a conscientious team player and a good organizer. This person also demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills. The project manager is a creative problem solver, exhibiting initiative and a take-charge attitude. On large projects, the project manager is also the liaison between the client and the agency design team, making this one of the most important jobs in the agency.
Reports to agency management.
- Initiates, schedules and coordinates all projects using agency management software Workamajig.
- Manages time, labor and financial resources to ensure client projects are on time and on budget.
- Uses Workamajig to provide timely issuance of all documentation: proposals, project initiations, creative briefs, estimates, timelines, meeting summaries, and status and budget reports.
- Meets daily with creative staff to review progress, schedules and potential problems.
- Meets daily with account management team to discuss new projects and existing project schedules
- Takes communication steps necessary to ensure that all projects are moving forward ON TIME and ON BUDGET.
- Expedites all “crisis jobs.” Majority of work should flow through creative/production on a reasonable, scheduled basis, as directed and supervised by senior department staff
- Contacst clients for any materials, information, etc., required to complete scheduled projects.
- Communicates regularly with account service and media about the current status of all jobs in progress in creative/production, based on input from team.
- Reports any problems affecting job quality, due dates and costs to agency management.
- Proofreads all artwork/digital proofs
- Is notified when internally approved copy, layouts, etc., are forwarded to production manager/account executives for client approval. Retrieves client-approved materials from production manager/account executives to continue production process. Makes sure all material is properly signed off as approved by account executive and client.
- Regulates time to allow for an internal review of all concepts with account executive.
- Assists production manager in coordinating schedules of collateral materials to arrive before final deadlines.
- Obtains quotes from art and photo suppliers, freelancers, other vendors as required by project scope.
- Archives and maintains any in-house client mechanicals/original artwork, digital production file backups, and photo files according to the agency archiving process.
- Maintains updated agency sample files.
- Arranges delivery of samples to client and agency personnel for all completed jobs.
- Notifies the account executive when a job is completed, so s/he can review and close the job and alert accounting the job is ready to bill.
- Works with media department to obtain publications’ specifications and extensions when necessary.
- Assists with billing.
- Photocopies and collates materials for presentations and client meetings.
- Maintains current computer skills related to daily job functions.
- Assists in answering telephone calls according to agency protocol.
- Works closely with all agency department staff to develop and implement strategic project plans.
- Has a thorough understanding of the planning, creative and production processes.
- Proactively gathers the necessary information to plan and implement each client project.
The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. Adbay offers a benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation, IRA employer match, 10 paid holidays, flexible scheduling, and no dress code. To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.